Reference: Chalet San Ciascian - VC8
- Condition: Completely restored/Habitable
- Habitable surface: 435 m²
- Energy efficiency class: G
- Bedrooms: 11
- Bathrooms: 11
- Rooms: 17
- Garden: 800 m²
- Nearest town facilities: 0.1 Km
- Airport: 65 Km
- Beach: 192 Km
- Ski resort: 0.5 Km
Chalet San Ciascian is built in the typical alpine style and is currently divided into 10 separate units, but with the possibilityto be converted back into one luxury residence.
The property is situated in the heart of Alta Badia, one of the most exclusive mountain ski resorts, with state of the art machinery (Piz Sorega is the closest) and over 500 km of interconnected pistes.
From Chalet San Ciascian, Corvara in Badia, the next excellent tourist resort, is a few minutes drive away, while Brunico, the largest town of the Val Badia, is around 35 km away (40 minutes).
The city of Bolzano, the region’s capital, can be reached in just over an hour (65 km), while Trento and Innsbrueck (A), are 125 km and 130 km away (less than two hours by car).
The nearest airports are Innsbrueck (130 km), and Verona Villafranca (250 km), which provide connections throughout Europe.
Description of buildings
Chalet San Ciascian is a residential property, currently divided into 10 apartments for a total of 22 bedrooms, which could also be converted into a B&B or, with more extensive restructuring, into one large luxury residence with a total surface area of around 400 sq.m.
The chalet has three floors, plus a large loft, and comprises:
- basement floor, perfectly liveable due to the incline of the land, with 3 units, all complete with their own bathroom and with access to the garden, and a utility area, comprising the technical areas and laundry;
- 4 units on the ground floor, each with its own bathroom and outdoor space
- the first floor comprising a final 3 units, including one which is bigger than the others and which is connected to a second loft bedroom via a spiral staircase. These units also have their own bathrooms (two for the duplex apartment) and outdoor space (balconies.)
Some units also have a kitchenette.
State and finishing
The property is in good structural condition, and exhibits the classic architectural features of Alta Badia: the generous use of wood which is typical of the area both externally and internally, with the traditional ‘shingle’ roof.
The furniture currently included with the property is also in solid wood, and, along with the woodwork, provides warmth.
The chalet is surrounded by around 800 sq.m of private land, partially used as a garden. All the units on the basement floor benefit from external access to the garden, while the other units have balconies, measuring from 7 to 13 sq.m in total.
Use and potential uses
Chalet San Ciascian is an extremely versatile property, due to the possibility of its being used as a guest house (with specific renovation work) or of being converted into one residence.
The property’s main attraction, however, is its location: in one of the most popular areas of Alta Badia, surrounded by 800 sq.m of land and with views both of Piz Sorega and its meadows and of the peaks of the Cunturines.
All this makes Chalet San Ciascian ideal for unforgettable holidays, with numerous activities both in summer and winter and with the opportunity to benefit from the various traditional hostelries and restaurantsin the area, including those with Michelin stars.