Well done, Italy! Milan and Cortina d’Ampezzo in Lombardy will host the 2026 Winter Olympic Games beating Stockholm-Åre.
Milan is now at the centre of the world’s spotlight and it will be for the next years as its entire surrounding area. It has many things and opportunities to offer that make it a perfect destination for house hunters from all over the world, so that nowadays it can compete with London, the city par excellance, but with a plus: it is situated in the sun, Italy.
Why you should invest in a property in Milan?
1. According to recent statistics, it is still one of the most affordable big cities in Europe along with Rome in terms of housing prices and living costs. But property prices will probably increase as long as the requests will grow.
2. Its airport offers many low cost flights and you can reach almost every destination in the world. So arrive to Milan or depart for other destinations is very easy and affordable.
3. It is also synonym for art, just think at its terrific centuries old cathedral, the Last Supper by Leonardo Da Vinci or the Pinacoteca di Brera, but also at its contemporary art museums: the Prada Foundation, the Triennale, Hangar Bicocca, Armani Silos or Mudec. And what about a visit to the art and brand-design museum, the Campari Gallery, housed in an enchanting Art Decò building where you can also find the collection of the advertising campaigns that made the worldwide history of the iconic “red drink”.
4. It’s the land of fashion and shopping, luxury and design… but also of the capital of the apericena that we recommend experiencing in one of its charming night clubs and bars, especially those situated along the Navigli.
5. New infrastructures will be created before 2026 Olympic Games
But the list could go on forever.
For all those reasons and with the Olympics fast approaching, you should consider buying a property in Milan to benefit from many tourists that will visit the city in the next few years: 2.500.000 visitors will arrive only in those fifteen days.
This will involve also the surrounding area and the entire Lombardy region and will impact positively especially the property market.
If Milan could be a good option for you, then click here and take a look at this property selection. Happy house hunting!