Have you already decided where to head this summer? If not, we’re going to give you some useful tips!
Being long and thin, the Italian peninsula boasts a 7,458 km coastline with a plethora of sea resorts to choose from. Secluded rocky bays or smooth sandy beaches, there is always something different to explore. This time we don’t want to focus only on the beauty of the nature and the crystal clear waters, but also on a new feature that you can take into consideration, which is eco-sustainability. This is a very contentious issue now that climate change and global warming are increasingly becoming a majour concern for us all.
As a matter of fact the European Parliament has recently voted for single-use plastic ban to cut plastic waste within 2021 and fight pollution affecting our beaches and seas. Italian authorities have embraced their directive and launched many initiatives in order to tackle marine litter across the boot-shaped country along its beaches and promenades.
So for the first time, in its yearly guide to Italy’s most beautiful beaches and resorts for 2019, the Italian environmental group Legambiente and travel experts from Touring Club awarded the most “virtuous” destinations for water quality and tourists facilities but also the ones that have gone plastic free.
The chart – Il mare più bello 2019 (The most beautiful seaside 2019) – awarded 32 destinations with Sardinia on top. In second position Tuscany which is followed by Campania.
The Tyrrhenian side of the peninsula boasts the majour number of best beaches.
If you are interested not only in stunning views, but you care also about our planet giving your contribution to safeguard the environment, then take a look at the complete list:
• Veneto: Chioggia (Ve)
• Liguria: Riomaggiore (Sp), Vernazza (Sp), Bordighera (Im)
• Lazio: Sperlonga (Lt)
• Toscana: Campo nell’Elba (Li), Capoliveri (Li), Marciana Marina (Li), Porto Azzurro (Li), Castiglione della Pescaia (Gr), Follonica (Gr), Scarlino (Gr)
• Abruzzo: San Vito Chietino (Ch)
• Basilicata: Maratea (Pz)
• Campania: Castellabate (Sa), Pollica (Sa), Capri (Na), Ischia (Na)
• Puglia: Otranto (Le), Isole Tremiti (Fg)
• Sardegna: Carloforte (Sud Sardegna), Domus de Maria (Sud Sardegna)
• Sicilia: Realmonte (Ag), Capo d’Orlando (Me), Taormina (Me), Favignana (Tp), Noto (Sr), Malfa (Me), Santa Marina Salina (Me), Lampedusa e Linosa (Ag), San Vito lo Capo (Tp), Pantelleria (Tp)
Choose the one you prefer to spend your summer and maybe buy your dream home in Italy. Click here to browse among more than 30,000 property for sale in the sun on Gate-away.com.