DUINO in the ancient village in the center of the beautiful tourist resort near the city of Trieste this exclusive and unrepeatable proposal consists of a complex of six cottages with a courtyard originally built in 1600 and located under the walls of the Princess of the Torre and Tasso Castle in which Rilke wrote the Duino Elegies. Of the six units four have been completely renovated while the other two are in their original state. In ancient times they were inhabited by artisans (a blacksmith, a baker and a wagon owner for goods transport), at the beginning of 1900 they were inhabited by locals and finally by the current owner who recently moved abroad. The interior furniture visible in the photos is no longer present while the excellent state of conservation of the buildings remains unaltered.
The living area measures approximately 500 square meters of commercial space, plus another 140 square meters of the rustics still to be restored. The property overlooks a courtyard on the south side towards the Castle and a small garden on the north side overlooking the village roofs, the Carso hills and the sea. The uncovered surface is about 375 square meters. The external walls are made of stone with a thickness of about 90 cm, the modern fixtures with thermal glass, the roofs all isolated. The three joint buildings currently constitute a single unit with four bathrooms. The small building on the west side is completely separate, has a bathroom and kitchen and heating with a wood stove. The heating of the main block is natural gas with electronically regulated radiators as well as three wood stoves for the intermediate seasons. The whole complex is located in "monumental area".
It is a residence suitable for a large family nucleus and, given its position, it lends itself very well also to hospitality / hotel use.