Reference: Palazzo storico
- Condition: Partially restored
- Habitable surface: 648 m²
- Energy efficiency class: NA
- Bedrooms: 19
- Bathrooms: 13
- Perugia PEG: 45 Km
- Roma CIA: 104 Km
- Ancona AOI: 110 Km
- Roma FCO: 111 Km
SPOLETO is a town with about 40000 inhabitants, in Umbria in the centre of Italy. It is one of the most important historic and cultural villages in Italy, Unesco World Heritage, location of FESTIVAL dei 2 MONDI.
It is 50 km from Perugia, 95 km from Rome, 30 km from Assisi, 200 km from Florence, 160 km from Siena, 500 km from Milan, 110 km from the Adriatic sea, 125 km from the Thyrrenian sea.
The property is a historic building, dating back to 1751, built on cyclopean masonry (about 200 b.C.). It was restored in 1987 and currently under restoration, situated in the historic centre of Spoleto, in a wonderful panoramic position with view on the villages of Montefalco, Assisi, Spello, Trevi and the appennines, few metres from the Dome and its square. It is situated near Palazzo della Genga (dwelling of the old family of Leone XII the Pope) and Terrazzo Frau (location of important events of “Festival dei due mondi”).
Characteristics of the area: town centre, limited traffic zone, with parking in the communal courtyard.
Characteristics of the surroundings: residential area with several historic properties.
Main connections: statal road Flaminia < 1 km ; Train station 1,5 km
Main services in the area: restaurants, shops, schools, gardens, offices, banks, churches.
The property was probably built in XV century, (some stone plaques date back to 1750). Some parts are currently under restoration, in particular the gardens, the driveway, the parking, the entrances of Via Vaita De Domo, 5 and Via delle Mura Ciclopiche and the apartments.
It includes three floors and 8 apartments that were used as holiday homes. After the restoration there will be 9. There are 3 entrances, one from via della Ponzianina with driveway; the other from Via Vaia de Domo, 5, that can be reached by escalator; the last is under restoration, Via delle Mura Ciclopiche with staircase to the garden.
The building respects the typical architectural features of the area with plastered facades, roof with tiles, wooden doors and fixtures with shutters; the interiors have been restored with local materials, cotto floors, wooden beams. The rooms are spacious with the possibility to create mezzanines.
The interior staircase was made with local travertine.