Here at Gate-away.com we know that there is a lot of confusion and misinformation about how to get a mortgage in Italy to buy a home as a non-Italian.
So we have organized a live stream about it with Simone Rossi − Gate-away.com general manager − and Armando Bechi − Italian mortgage consultant offering professional assistance to overseas investors in Italy − to cover this subject and make clear all the doubts that the people have.
Their discussion included:
- Can any international buyer obtain a mortgage in Italy to buy a property?
- What is the procedure to request/obtain a mortgage in Italy?
- Parameters required
- Is there any difference between different areas in Italy in terms of the process to obtain a mortgage?
- Bank survey
- What if I want to make early payments on the mortgage or I want to repay it entirely before term?
- Does the bank require any insurance to grant the mortgage?
- Mortgage on the borrower’s currency
- Cost to establish an Italian mortgage
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Q&A final session
If you weren’t able to join us live, you can watch the recording here: